Old City Unltd.
What are the 2 Best Horsehair Brushes on Amazon
Let’s compare the 2 best horsehair bench brushes on Amazon. Comparatively, the American brush company against the German brush company. You are the judge.
Calling all brush junkies!!! Likewise, when you purchase a horsehair bench brush, you will get the thrill of seeing these bristled beauties with shapely wood handles come alive in your hand.
Also, I’m sure you will like my article on Best Bench Brush
The American Company-Old City Unltd.
Old City Unltd.-Horsehair Bench Woodworking Brush 13 inches Made in USA.
This shop brush has UNDYED natural horsehair bristles. In addition, this horsehair bench brush was too soft, so we added 10% fiber, making it a stronger brush.
- Undeniably, fine workmanship. It screams handmade the minute you open the box and hold this brush. If you are a fan of handmade products you will love this brush.
- Also, the bristle quality is excellent. This counter brush will surely turn even the most routine of undertakings into an extraordinary experience. Evidently, with no two alike you will have a masterpiece in your hand.
- Unquestionably, the wood is as beautiful as I have ever seen on any brush. Also, it looks like a work of art. We either use Birch or Catalpa wood depending on availability. You will love looking at it hanging on a hook in your laundry room. However, I could never find a dustpan to match the quality of this brush. Believe me, I have tried for 3 years. Please buy a metal dustpan to go with this brush. A plastic dustpan would be a dishonor to the brush.
- Lastly, the leather hanging strap is of high quality.
- However, some say the handle is too thick if you have a small hand. Whereas, I think it is actually a plus. It gives it a strong powerful feel.
At this point, you will start to understand why there are only two shop brushes in this class. What are the 2 best horsehair bench brushes on Amazon? Keep reading.
The German Company-Bürstenhaus Redecker
Redecker Horsehair Hand Brush with oiled Beechwood Handle 13-1/2 inches. Pros
- Likewise, this horsehair bench brush has fine workmanship which is to be expected from a German company.
- Similarly, this shop brush has a very generous brush area. Very dense natural horsehair, extremely thick. Excellent bristle quality.
- Also, the handle is made from all-natural oiled beechwood. The wood is finished nicely but it is beechwood which is an ordinary wood and does not give it a craftsmanship feel.
- Moreover, the leather hanging strap is strong.
- Redecker sells very high-quality dustpans to match their brush.
Finally, when holding the dustpan brush it feels top heavy. The handle should be thicker for the bristle density.
What makes a great bench brush?
After comparing the 2 best horsehair brushes on Amazon you should be able to clearly see what makes a great brush.
In addition, the softness of horsehair guarantees that any surface brushed with these brushes doesn’t get scratched or damaged.
Clearly, everyone who has a workbench has given thought to the kind of brush they use. Using the right workbench brush for your woodworking and your cleanup needs can make a difference in the appearance of your shop. Almost any brush will clean up but only an extraordinary brush makes the task enjoyable. Hence, this is why this comparison of the 2 best horsehair bench brushes on Amazon was written.
How do you clean a horsehair bench brush?
- KEEPING IT CLEAN COULD NOT BE EASIER: Always hang it so bristles do not lose shape. Use a dog comb now and then to brush out the bristles. If needed wash the bristles with soap and water. Shake hard outside. Hang to dry.
- Every once in a while you could add another coat of linseed oil.